Sponsorship is an excellent option for those who want to help horses in need. It is particularly rewarding for those who would love to have a horse of their own, but cannot for whatever reason.
Here are some horse rescue and welfare organisations that need sponsors to help support the horses they have in care.
Check out the details on each website, as sponsorship may take different forms.
Second Chance Horse Rescue and Rehabilitation (WA)
Horse Rescue Australia (NSW)
– Horses available to be sponsored (Choose your own $ amount, and whether to sponsor a specific horse or all of the horses)
Quest Equine Welfare Inc. (Vic)
– Horse Sponsorship (Select a horse, and choose from weekly or monthly sponsorship at the bottom of the page)
Horse Welfare Inc (NSW)
– Sponsor a horse (Can be a one-off sponsorship, or you can help with ongoing costs)
Charlie’s Angels Horse Rescue Inc (Qld)
Save a Horse Australia (Qld)
Tambourine Horse Rehabilitation Retreat (Qld)
– Horse sponsorship (choose from Bronze or Gold sponsorship options)
South East Queensland Brumby Association (Qld)
Save the Brumbies (NSW)
Wild Horses Kimberley – Lake Gregory Horses (WA)
– There are currently two ways to sponsor these horses, either directly to Wild Horses Kimberley for $12.50/month or $50 a week, or for $10 a month as part of a group sponsorship “Equine Live Aide” effort via Hoofs2010.
Hunter Valley Brumby Association (NSW)
– One off sponsorships, select which brumby to sponsor (Click on the “sponsorship” link at the top of the page)
Hoofs2010 Inc (NSW)
If you know of any others, please let us know by posting a comment below, or emailing editor(at)australianhorserescue.com 🙂